MEGA's Phase 4 Guidelines for Restore Illinois Plan
We are currently in Phase 4 of the IL re-opening plan. Our top priority is still for our students to be able to safely return to gymnastics. A majority of the Phase 3 guidelines are still in place. However, there are a couple of changes that will allow us to offer more classes and clinics.
Please review all of the guidelines below before your first day of class.
- The front desk is closed for in-person transactions, we are not allowed to process walk-in registrations.
- All payments and registrations must be processed either online through the parent portal or by phone before the 1st day of class.
Front desk staff will be available for questions:
- Phone -- 847-428-3200
- Email -- email@example.com
- Office Hours starting June 1st -- M/Tu/W/Th: 11am - 7pm, Fri: 3pm - 7pm and Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Lobby availability is restricted to students lining up for class and one parent/guardian per family.
- The lobby has limited seating. Social distancing will be strictly enforced. All tables have been removed from the lobby areas.
- Parents can take advantage of our large parking lot to wait in cars during class or bring a lawn chairs to sit outside (weather permitting).
- Everyone must wear a face mask at all times in lobby.
- All healthy people should conduct themselves as if they are "at risk" and follow reasonable hygiene activities.
- Anyone with high risk issues or health conditions are discouraged from visiting the gym or registering for classes at this time.
CONCESSIONS, WATER FOUNTAIN and FOOD/DRINK
- All students must bring their own water bottle to class. The water fountains are closed.
- Water bottles are kept in student backpacks.
- The concession stand is closed.
- There is no eating in the facility.
CLASS SIZE and SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Students will remain 6 ft apart within their own class/group.
- Recreational classes sizes are 3-6 students depending on the class.
- All students must be registered for class before entering the building.
- Students and one parent/guardian can enter building 10 min before the beginning of class.
- When entering the building, students will be directed to their line up location. There are line-up squares marked on the floor for students to stand while they wait for class.
- Students should be prepared for class upon arrival. Gymnasts should be dressed for class as well as long hair tied back before entering the building.
- All personal belongings and water bottles must go in a backpack or bag, including shoes (the cubbies are not available). For Recreational classes, parents can hold backpacks/bags or store them under chairs. For team practices, gymnasts will carry their backpacks with them during practice.
- Before students enter the gym, coaches will take attendance.
- All students must be picked-up within 5 mins of the end of class. Students will wait on their line-up squares until they are picked up.
GYM POLICIES and CLEANING
- All students and coaches must wash hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the gym and between events.
- Students will be reminded frequently not to touch their face as well as rules for maintaining social distancing.
- Coaches will have limited direct physical contact with children. Spotting will be limited to necessity and safety.
- Per Fitness Center guidelines, the minimum requirement is that students must wear face masks whenever not exercising such as waiting in the lobby. Gymnasts may remove their mask once in their physically distanced exercise area and then re-mask when leaving that assigned space.
- There will be regular cleaning between classes and practice groups.
MAKE-UP and SICK POLICY
- There are unlimited make-ups due to sick days for any Gymnastics, Tumbling, or NinjaZone classes until further notice.
- If we think your child appears to be under the weather or is noticeably sick during class, we will bring them to you to confirm or address.
- If your child has a temperature of 100.4°F (or above) or doesn’t feel well in any way, please keep them home and schedule a make-up for a later date.
- If someone in your household is sick, please keep your child at home and schedule a make-up for a later date.
Our primary concern is the safety and well-being of MEGA students (their families) and our staff. We will continue to monitor and stay abreast of government guidelines and updates. We will address any concerns that develop if necessary. We will remain in contact as the need to update presents itself.
We’ll see you at the gym!